Explore What Makes Us Different
Sentrics is singularly focused on improving the health and wellbeing of residents in senior living communities. We think of every resident as an extension of our own family.
We believe we are in this world to help others first and foremost.
When we built Sentrics, we chose to build a culture that puts employees and their families first.
Operations & Compliance:
- Motivate, mentor, and lead by example our accounting teams (divisional and corporate), maximizing individual and team strengths, developing talent where needed and ensuring cross-training
- Centralize, streamline and fortify the Company’s financial processes across business units, ensuring consistent written accounting policies and practices are in place
- Assist in integrating acquired entities (M&A support), including purchase price allocation, earnouts, accounting transition, compliance and tax-related items
- Supervise order-to-cash and accounts payable activities across all entities, consolidating to drive economies of scale
- Supervise the compensation (payroll, T&E, and commissions) function across all entities
- Responsible for tax compliance activities: direct (income tax – utilizing a 3rd party firm) and indirect taxes (state sales tax)
- Partner with the purchasing department in analyzing, implementing and monitoring inventory controls to ensure appropriate valuation and capital investments
- Establish and maintain internal controls over financial reporting and business operations with a focus on continual improvement and automation, investigating and recommending system optimizations
- Ensure compliance and governance safeguards are in place (Insurance coverage, risk management, business registrations)
- Establish, monitor and improve department KPIs
- Assist the CFO and CEO in developing the annual budget, partnering with operations to develop and test budget methodologies and assumptions
- Direct monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes to deliver timely and accurate financials, giving context to variances and drivers (P&L, BS, Product margins, MRR/ARR rollforwards, project profitability)
- Ensure that the audited financials are free from misstatement, evaluating and applying US GAAP guidance (e.g. revenue recognition, capitalized labor, deferred costs, purchase accounting, stock compensation, inventory)
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA), Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or MBA with US GAAP expertise
- 10+ years total accounting experience with increased management responsibilities, with preference given to those with National CPA firm Audit background
- M&A lifecycle experience (diligence, transaction, integration) including post-transaction NWC and Escrows
- Software/Saas experience highly desired, manufacturing a plus
- Process optimization and automation experience, leveraging technology tools to drive continuous improvement and Centralizing functions across divisions/entities
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP and experience running an audit
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and their interplay with other business systems (CRM, payroll, Accounts Payable, billing, etc). Experience with middle-market ERPs preferred, and implementation/reimplementation experience a plus
- Possesses strong leadership skills, mentoring skills, organization skills and high energy
- Willingness to understand complex operations, take a hands-on approach, and partner with staff to optimize results
- Strategic thinking and project management with a proven track record of taking initiative, setting priorities and ensuring execution
- Excellent communication, writing, and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with all levels within the organization
- Proficient in general Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); Microsoft Access a plus
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, hands-on environment (revenue range $50M→$200M)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Comfortable with travel 1-2x per quarter to visit field teams (Akron, Daytona, Austin) or participate in leadership events
VOIP / Network Engineer
- Design network solutions including firewalls, switches, and routers to support VoIP deployments
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made to meet SLAs
- Complete technical writeups for network impairments and assist in root cause analysis documentation
- 3 to 5 years as Network Operation Engineer with VoIP deployment experience
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience with enterprise grade routing and switching equipment
- Networking and routing protocols: VLAN, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, etc.
- VoIP: SIP trunks, Soft Phones, QoS, etc.
- Network security conscious
- Network Management - SNMP, Prime, NetFlow, SolarWinds, TACACS/Radius, etc
- Cisco and/or Metaswitch VoIP
- Strong routing and switching background in Enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in CS, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Microsoft AD
- Linux OS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
Regional Sales Vice President
- Identifies potential business partners including, researching, exploring, and discovering new opportunities
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Protects Sentrics’ value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications to stay abreast of industry news; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, trade shows, etc
- Closing skills
- Ability to manage a pipeline and a proven history meeting sales goals
- Professionalism and an executive presence
- Strong prospecting skills
- Ability to identify and sell to a customer’s needs
- Ability to manage a territory
- Senior living sales and/or senior living operational experience
- Comfortable using technology every day
- Fully versed on basic social media practices, with proven experience leveraging LinkedIn Sales Navigator a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, MS Office
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
Mid/Senior Software Engineer
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language (C#, Rust, Flutter, etc)
- Experience using and creating scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in Linux
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in a highly agile, team-based environment
- TDD methodologies and CI/CD experience
- Experience with Node or Rust-based microservices and messaging systems
- Knowledge of application deployment on AWS
- Previous work with message passing patterns and event driven architectures
- Experience with container systems like Docker or Kubernetes
Whats in it for you We offer competitive compensation, a highly team-oriented environment, a relaxed dress code, great benefits (401K/health/dental/etc.), a strong belief in life/work balance, and a high-tech end-product that touches human lives daily and beneficially. We’re in Daytona Beach right off of I-95, near the Daytona International Speedway – Florida beaches, Florida sun, Florida wildlife, Florida fun.
Senior Product Manager
Required Education and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- 3+ years managing product development lifecycles and project timelines in healthcare or patient solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment and daily working knowledge of Jira
- Practical working experience in Pragmatic Marketing (certificate preferred) and daily working knowledge of Aha
- Solid comprehension and experience in creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Proven leadership experience
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Develop product vision including 2 releases out
- Own and maintain the product backlog and roadmap
- Develop and clearly communicate the product goals
- Ensure the product roadmap and backlog are transparent, visible, and understood
- Possess intimate knowledge of product costs and help define pricing models
- Leverage competitive intel on pricing and features to assist in defining the product
- Establish product feature prioritization work with engineering to manage development schedules and communicate schedules with stakeholders regularly and consistently to set expectations with stakeholders as development timelines change
- Compare market and competitive drivers with Sentrics product set to identify product gaps and build a product roadmap that helps differentiate and catapult Sentrics to a leadership role
- Leverage user personas and pain points to craft a list of product requirements, product features, use cases, acceptance criteria, and define “done” for each user story
- Participate in Agile / Scrum development process to act as subject matter expert on requirements and set expectations with stakeholders about the content incorporated in releases
- Understand and act as a subject matter expert on regulatory requirements and industry “codes,” and define features that meet those requirements
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to define hardware requirements and replacement devices
- Act as subject matter expert for marketing and sales on content development including guiding and reviewing content
- Identify and manage delivery of commercialization steps (documentation, support readiness)
- Provide sales support as needed
- Expert knowledge of the industry, the users and the products on which they rely
- Ability to analyze, create comprehensive plans and present those plans to various stakeholders
- Ability to approach work with humor and humility in an effort to collaborate with and create a positive environment for all stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal instruction, including prioritizing and managing multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and collaborate with people at all levels to create top-performing interfaces
- Strong project management skills including the ability to define and manage project deliverables, dependencies and completion
- Ability to provide the product development team questions on requirement within timely manner so as to not impede development
- Negotiate scope and set expectations with external and internal groups to maintain transparency
Performance standards Sentrics builds solutions that impact life safety. As such, only the highest standards are accepted in our product design and development efforts.
Work Environment The best candidate must be comfortable working in all environments, including at-home, office, and customer sites. At-home offices must include the communication equipment necessary (e.g., Internet, phone, and print) to perform work to the highest level of standards. Many of our products include hardware devices such as televisions and similar, so the candidate must be able to lift and move objects up to 40lbs, if needed. When working from home, a dedicated workspace, free of distractions, is required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work A typical work week is 40 hours, however, design schedules may require extra hours to complete.
Travel Less than 15% travel.
What’s in it for you We offer competitive compensation, a highly team-oriented environment, a relaxed dress code, great benefits (401K/health/dental/etc.), a strong belief in life/work balance, and a high-tech end-product that touches human lives daily and beneficially.
Sentrics is Purpose Driven
Our Purpose: Increase quality, improve financial performance, and enhance the experience for the lives that we touch each day.
What that means to:
Residents / Patients
Improve the quality of life, lower cost and stress in daily interactions, and allow engagement with their family and community in a meaningful way.
Improve the quality of service they receive from their loved one’s community, lower the cost and stress of their interactions with their loved one, and allow them to experience daily interaction that allows them to have peace of mind.
Improve the quality of technology and service they provide to their residents, lower the cost of ownership and maximize return on investment, and improve their interaction with their business partners.
Improve the quality of the assets and the performance of the organization, increase shareholder value exponentially, and create a partnership model where open and real-time communication is the norm.
Improve the access and quality of data to make better care decisions, lower the cost of healthcare in the industry, and provide a better experience to their members and patients.
When you work at Sentrics, you will experience a culture designed with you in mind:
- Town Halls: Monthly meetings with the Sentrics CEO keep you informed.
- CEO Award: One individual is recognized each year for having the largest impact on the company.
- Leadership Academy: Hand-picked group of individuals that participate in an extended servant leadership course.
- Accolades: Individual team recognition for outstanding achievements.
- The Extras: Organized team activities. Casual dress code. Family first philosophy. PTO, paid Holidays, healthcare benefits, 401K program and professional development opportunities.