Explore What Makes Us Different
Sentrics is singularly focused on improving the health and wellbeing of residents in senior living communities. We think of every resident as an extension of our own family.
We believe we are in this world to help others first and foremost.
When we built Sentrics, we chose to build a culture that puts employees and their families first.
VP Corporate Accounting
Required skills to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA), Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or MBA with US GAAP expertise
- 10+ years total accounting experience with increased management responsibilities, with preference given to those with National CPA firm Audit background
- M&A lifecycle experience (diligence, transaction, integration) including post-transaction NWC and Escrows
- Software/Saas experience highly desired, manufacturing a plus
- Process optimization and automation experience, leveraging technology tools to drive continuous improvement and Centralizing functions across divisions/entities
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP and experience running an audit
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and their interplay with other business systems (CRM, payroll, Accounts Payable, billing, etc). Experience with middle-market ERPs preferred, and implementation/reimplementation experience a plus
- Possesses strong leadership skills, mentoring skills, organization skills and high energy
- Willingness to understand complex operations, take a hands-on approach, and partner with staff to optimize results
- Strategic thinking and project management with a proven track record of taking initiative, setting priorities and ensuring execution
- Excellent communication, writing, and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with all levels within the organization
- Proficient in general Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); Microsoft Access a plus
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, hands-on environment (revenue range $50M→$200M)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Comfortable with travel 1-2x per quarter to visit field teams (Akron, Daytona, Austin) or participate in leadership events
Operations & Compliance:
- Motivate, mentor, and lead by example our accounting teams (divisional and corporate), maximizing individual and team strengths, developing talent where needed and ensuring cross-training
- Centralize, streamline and fortify the Company’s financial processes across business units, ensuring consistent written accounting policies and practices are in place
- Assist in integrating acquired entities (M&A support), including purchase price allocation, earnouts, accounting transition, compliance and tax-related items
- Supervise order-to-cash and accounts payable activities across all entities, consolidating to drive economies of scale
- Supervise the compensation (payroll, T&E, and commissions) function across all entities
- Responsible for tax compliance activities: direct (income tax – utilizing a 3rd party firm) and indirect taxes (state sales tax)
- Partner with the purchasing department in analyzing, implementing and monitoring inventory controls to ensure appropriate valuation and capital investments
- Establish and maintain internal controls over financial reporting and business operations with a focus on continual improvement and automation, investigating and recommending system optimizations
- Ensure compliance and governance safeguards are in place (Insurance coverage, risk management, business registrations)
- Establish, monitor and improve department KPIs
- Assist the CFO and CEO in developing the annual budget, partnering with operations to develop and test budget methodologies and assumptions
Reporting and General Ledger
- Direct monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes to deliver timely and accurate financials, giving context to variances and drivers (P&L, BS, Product margins, MRR/ARR rollforwards, project profitability)
- Ensure that the audited financials are free from misstatement, evaluating and applying US GAAP guidance (e.g. revenue recognition, capitalized labor, deferred costs, purchase accounting, stock compensation, inventory)
- Maintain the day-to-day banking relationship, reporting and forecasting cash flows
- Partner with IT to Administer, educate and implement module upgrades for the Company’s ERP tool (currently Sage 100 on premise, with a potential cloud migration)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least eight years of progressive accounting experience, with a minimum of three years as an Accounting Manager/ Assistant Controller for a Company with $50M+ in revenue
- CPA candidate or licensee, public accounting experience a plus
- Mergers & acquisitions support (buyside and sell-side) preferred
- High proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Hands-on ERP administration/ reporting modifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong reconciliation skills, ensuring consistent, complete, and accurate roll forwards and account reconciliations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality
- Dependable and organized with excellent attention to details
- High energy and a can-do attitude; exhibit a responsible and responsive tenacity
- SAAS Software and professional services experience a plus
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations and best practices
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Ensure transactions are recorded and financial statements are prepared based on US GAAP standards
- Support the VP Accounting/Controller with the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting (Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, statement of equity) by subsidiaries
- Assist FP&A with budgeting and forecasting requests related to historical data and fixed amortization schedules (prepaids, debt, etc.)
- Ensure all accounting practices, journal entries, and estimates are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles
- Assist with billing and tax documentation preparation
- Assist with drafting and publishing policies for the Company to ensure sound financial reporting; assist with assessing emerging accounting rules
- Identify solutions to discrepancies in financial records, conducting root cause analysis and recommending improvements/remediation
- Support M&A integrations from the accounting side (Purchase Price Allocation entries, ERP account mapping and transition)
- Support VP Accounting/Controller with governance and compliance activities (entity registrations, business licenses)
- Prepare supporting schedules and reconciliations for annual financial audit for VP Accounting/Controller review
- Assist with document retention / file storage and organization of accounting team files
- Cross-train within the accounting department to provide necessary coverage for key processes and approvals
- Provide supporting transactional reporting for certain departmental reviews (e.g., marketing spending history, vendor reporting)
- Support the VP Accounting/Controller and IT Department with ERP administration support to ensure our modules are operationalized and maintained
- Support treasury function by ensuring all company bank accounts are timely reconciled; prepare consolidated cash flow reporting and short term forecasting
- Assist with ad hoc optimization efforts in the area of procurement/AP, facilities management, and compensation/travel expenses/1099 contractors as required
The Payroll Manager will oversee and perform the payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This person performs all activities necessary to process semi-monthly payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing payroll-related tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management. The payroll manager is also responsible for balance sheet reconciliations for GL accounts related to payroll. In addition to payroll duties, this role will manage and administer employee reimbursement program, corporate purchasing card program, and benefit plan premium reconciliations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience processing payroll (~ 200 employees). Multi-state jurisdiction experience preferred
- One year of GL experience required
- Process, update, manage payroll through ADP WorkforceNow – semi-monthly for ~200 employees (Full Time and Part Time, Exempt and Non-Exempt) for multiple companies
- Review, analyze and verify payroll reports and documents for accuracy; make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures
- Adhere to ADP SOC2 documentation to ensure compliance through entity user controls
- Responsible for calculation and entry of monthly payroll and payroll tax accruals. Book monthly bonus accruals and other journal entries as needed
- Reconcile benefit invoices medical, dental, etc. to include funding HSA contributions aligned with each payroll
- 401k administration including payroll file feed and funding contributions & loan repayments, facilitation of form 5500
- Take lead on annual 401k audit and ensure annual notices to all plan participants are distributed
- Manage expense report approvals/coding and entry into accounting system
- Corporate purchasing card administration and record corporate card transactions via journal entries into accounting system
- Maintain monthly reporting on employee census & headcount trends (hiring, termination, transfer)
- Training of new hourly employees and their managers on time & attendance tracking system
- Assist with worker’s compensation audits
- Manage annual W2 processing
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedure
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Verifies timekeeping records, maintains time and attendance records using paper timesheets and/or electronic time management system
- Prepare and transmit direct deposits (including pre-processing testing), manual checks
- Maintains notification processes to employees and managers, resolves employee access issues and other questions in a timely manner
- Documents and updates written payroll procedures
- Other support as needed
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with payroll software
- Always maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Acts as a subject matter expert and/or resource to others in the area of payroll processing
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication is a must, including ability to interface with others regardless of title or position within the company, in a positive, approachable, and professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure and plan personal workload
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with data, and communicating data findings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) Gmail, and Google Drive. Ability to learn other functional software as needed
Our firm is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Accounting professional to join our staff. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting our team with accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, recording cash transactions, month end close and other projects. You will help ensure all transactions are recorded timely and coded to the appropriate accounts. As an Accounting Specialist, you will also post journal entries to the general ledger and perform administrative duties, such as data entry and electronic filing.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years of related experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- The ability to be discreet when handling sensitive financial information
- A willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
- Process vendor invoices (manage AP Inbox, obtain approval, determine account coding and data entry)
- Daily review of cash accounts and posting of required transactions
- Prepare and enter various monthly journal entries
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts
- Maintain shared files
- AR duties:
- Initiate routine collections efforts via phone and email, including notices of past due balances, and escalation of customer complaints and issues to management, sales, or operations.
- Construction billing experience is a plus: submitting and tracking pay applications and lien waivers, and uploading to contractors’ portals.
Whats in it for you We offer competitive compensation, a highly team-oriented environment, a relaxed dress code, great benefits (401K/health/dental/etc.). Paid vacation and holidays, a strong belief in life/work balance, and a high-tech end-product that touches human lives daily and beneficially. There are jobs. And there are opportunities to help shape the future of healthcare and senior living. At Sentrics, you now have an opportunity to build your career and to make a difference in the lives of millions of people, including—potentially—your own family members. Come work at Sentrics and help keep patients, seniors, and family members more engaged. We value diverse perspectives and are looking for truly collaborative individuals that want to have a positive impact on our industry, our clients, and our company to join our team.
Sentrics is a market-leading integrated technology company delivering equipment, software and services to the senior living industry. The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, will be responsible for the financial reporting function, reporting to the CFO and interfacing regularly with Executives and the Private Equity Investor. This individual will contribute to the Company’s growth strategy, partnering with Senior Leaders to effectively monito and evaluate company and segment performance and value creation. Responsibilities include accurate and timely preparation of monthly reporting packages (internal & external), annual budget preparation, ST/LT forecasting, business partnering on KPIs, corporate development and ad-hoc modeling projects. This role will is currently an individual contributor; as the Company grows and the FP&A function expands, the partnership with the CFO, CEO and investors fosters a development path toward VP Finance/CFO.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance /accounting, with MBA or CPA certification Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in investment banking, private company financial planning & analysis, or public accounting (Big 4 preferred)
- Advanced technical modeling and presentation skills (Excel and PPT)
- Private equity experience a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
- Multiple entity operating structure between $50M and $150M revenue a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, including revenue recognition and capitalized labor
- Experience implementing a Business Intelligence/Reporting tool a plus
- Working knowledge of mid-scale ERP system and Salesforce a plus
- M&A experience a plus
- Transparently communicate financial information to the Executive Team, Board of Directors, Investors and Lenders, collaborating with Private Equity Sponsor deal team to identify, investigate, and present final data and trends
- Assist the CFO and CEO in developing the annual budget. Lead the budgeting process to meet internal and external deadlines, partnering with the Executive Team and department leaders to develop and test budget forecast methodologies, ensuring critical corporate initiatives are adequately addressed, and document/communicate key assumptions before submitting Budget Package (model and bridges) to the Board and investor deal team
- Serve as a business partner with the Executive and leadership team, providing advice and analysis affecting business decisions. Deliver and communicate internal reporting of variances to budget owners to identify and address any potential overruns
- Source and validate inputs from ERP, CRM Salesforce, and other data tools to prepare and analyze financial data
- Prepare cash flow projections, understanding the order-to-cash and procure-to-pay cycles across multiple business segments/products
- Administer, report and model covenant compliance and borrowing base availability on debt facilities
- Partner with business leaders and Controller to ensure expenses are properly coded to departments, and that variances from expectations are analyzed
- Participate in and provide financial diligence support for acquisition activities (pre-acquisition through to integration and pro-forma modeling)
- Work closely with VP accounting, consultants, and auditors to ensure correct accounting and tax treatment of significant and unusual transactions is appropriately modeled
- Support the Executive Team in modeling economics around the introduction of new products and emerging market strategies, benchmarking against industry trends, and assessing macroeconomic risks (e.g. supply chain)
- Participate where required, to remediate issues or accelerate business initiatives needing fp&a support, including margin analysis, project costing, purchasing initiatives, restructuring, etc
- Technical excellence/proficiency MS Excel and PowerPoint; Business Intelligence tool experience (e.g. Tableau) a plus.
- Analytical/Problem Solving: Maintain a growth mindset and intellectual curiosity to gather and analyze information skillfully, documenting approach and reasoning.
- Seek to understand key business drivers and indicators throughout the organization to synthesize complex information from disparate sources.
- Strong communication/ interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on cross-functional teams.
- Serve as business partner to each supporting company function, ensuring each possesses a working understanding of their budget.
- Adaptability: Managing competing demands in an environment of frequent change, delays, unexpected events, and competing priorities).
- Ambitious and goal-oriented, striving for continuous improvement
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable. Makes and meets commitments, leads by example, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Assertive, demonstrating initiative to seek out additional information from peers, leaders, industry and investors to deliver quick quality forecasts.
- High integrity team player with the ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders effectively.
- Cost consciousness: Works within approved budget and develops strategies around cost-savings measures; conserve organizational resources.
- Reacts well under pressure and exhibit sound judgment and rationalization, includes appropriate people in decision-making where warranted.
Sentrics is Purpose Driven
Our Purpose: Increase quality, improve financial performance, and enhance the experience for the lives that we touch each day.
What that means to:
Residents / Patients
Improve the quality of life, lower cost and stress in daily interactions, and allow engagement with their family and community in a meaningful way.
Improve the quality of service they receive from their loved one’s community, lower the cost and stress of their interactions with their loved one, and allow them to experience daily interaction that allows them to have peace of mind.
Improve the quality of technology and service they provide to their residents, lower the cost of ownership and maximize return on investment, and improve their interaction with their business partners.
Improve the quality of the assets and the performance of the organization, increase shareholder value exponentially, and create a partnership model where open and real-time communication is the norm.
Improve the access and quality of data to make better care decisions, lower the cost of healthcare in the industry, and provide a better experience to their members and patients.
When you work at Sentrics, you will experience a culture designed with you in mind:
- Town Halls: Monthly meetings with the Sentrics CEO keep you informed.
- CEO Award: One individual is recognized each year for having the largest impact on the company.
- Leadership Academy: Hand-picked group of individuals that participate in an extended servant leadership course.
- Accolades: Individual team recognition for outstanding achievements.
- The Extras: Organized team activities. Casual dress code. Family first philosophy. PTO, paid Holidays, healthcare benefits, 401K program and professional development opportunities.