Sentrics Announces Industry-First Patient and Family Advisory Council to Guide Patient Experience Technology Innovation
Sentrics marked another industry-leading milestone today with the formation of its inaugural Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), making it the first PFAC in the interactive patient experience technology industry. The council, which includes hospital patient and family advocated from across the US, will provide Sentrics leadership with a unique consumer perspective to help guide innovations in its patient-centered interactive technology platform for hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
“Hospitals recognize the value of listening to the voice of the customer and are using Patient and Family Advisory Councils to open the lines of communication between patients, their families and hospital leadership to improve healthcare quality, safety, and the patient experience,” said Sentrics Chief Executive Officer Darin LeGrange. “In the same way, we see great value in incorporating the voice of patients and their families into the products and services we provide to improve their hospital experience. We are proud to lead the technology industry in leveraging the PFAC perspective into patient-centered technology innovation.”
The new council members include hospital PFAC members who actively participate in patient-centered care improvement initiatives in hospitals across the country, including:
- Katie Alyea, Reid Health PFAC member since 2017/2018. Marketing manager in the banking/financial industry and active community volunteer with several local nonprofits.
- Steven L. Coffee, Lt Col, USAF, Lt Col, USAF, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital PFAC member since 2014. Master’s degree in clinical quality, safety and leadership and former Technical Expert Panelist for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Rebecca Forster, Torrance Memorial Medical Center (TMMC) PFAC member since 2013. Author of more than 40 novels and standing member of TMMC’s Service Excellence Council.
- Artisha McCoy, VCU Medical Center PFAC member since 2019. Community outreach coordinator and peer-to-peer counselor helping others learn to thrive with life threatening or challenging illness.
- Rosanelda (Rosa) Robles, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare (SVMH) System PFAC member since 2017 improving discharge planning and nurse shift change communication. More than 25 years of medical documentation and coding experience at SVMH.
- Susan Trumpet, CCA, MOA, Dekalb Medical Center, Emory Healthcare PFAC member since 2019. Army veteran, volunteer with Soldiers Angels mobile food distribution, and student studying health information management.
- Kevin Wake, Truman Medical Center PFAC Chairperson since 2019. Master’s degree in healthcare informatics, certified Community Health Worker, and president of the Uriel E. Owens Sickle Cell Disease Association of the Midwest.
“We are honored to have this diverse group of patient and family advisors walk alongside us as we continue to pursue our passion for improving the patient experience,” said Mark Lancaster, Managing Director of the Sentrics E3 Division. “As seasoned PFAC members, these individuals have developed a deep understanding of the patient experience and hospital operational issues. They bring unique perspectives that will help us expand our products and services and elevate patient-centered care.”