Sentrics is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its on-line users’ Personal information. Please read the following policy to understand the rules and procedures followed by us in handling Personal information provided to us over the Internet (the “Services”). For residents from the European Economic Area, Sentrics is the data controller responsible for your information. If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Service department at Sentrics by visiting Sentrics.net/support, calling (877) 577-2148 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information does Company collect?
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” We collect the Personal information from:
- You directly when you contact us and voluntarily provide information to us, such as when using our apps and services
- Affiliated organizations that have your permission to share your Personal information
- Tracking technologies that monitor how you interact with the Services
Personal information may include the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: your name, shipping/mailing address, telephone number, fax number, email address, username, and password
- Commercial Information: Credit or debit card account number, retreat registration and donation preferences
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services
We also work with various types of data that are de-identified or aggregated, and not reasonably capable of being associated with, or reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. This data is not Personal Information.
How Sentrics Uses Your Personal Information
- We need to process your information to provide you with products or services that you have requested.
- You have consented to such processing.
- We are aggregating it and using it to provide analytics or other services to our customers
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data, such as analytics, fraud prevention, improving the Site and our business; and/or
- We are legally required to process it.
Such processing may include:
- To provide you with information about the activities of the Company, Company and our affiliates, including by sending you our e-newsletters, information or offers
- To provide the Services to you, including completing your orders, , managing your account, and contacting you about the status of your orders
- To aggregate it with other data and provide such to our customers as part of our service offerings
- To prevent, detect, and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities, such as to address fraud or alleged unlawful activity, assist law enforcement, and protect the security and integrity of the Services
- To ensure legal compliance, such as to comply with legal requirements, enforce or exercise our rights or those of third parties, complete due diligence and required disclosures for corporate acquisitions and sales, and address problems with the Services or our business.
When We Disclose Personal Information
We may share Personal Information, as follows:
- With our affiliated entities: We exchange Personal information with various affiliated organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Our mailing list, including the Personal information we receive through the Internet, is never shared with any commercial organizations and is never sold, rented or given to unrelated third parties.
- With our service providers: We use service providers to help us operate and improve the Services, such as for data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, payment processing, order fulfillment, and security operations.
- Legal obligations; Safety: We may access and disclose your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, or as permitted or otherwise required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases.
- To enforce legal rights: We may also share Personal Information (a) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (b) as necessary to protect our legal rights and those of our users, business partners, or other interested parties; (c) to enforce our agreements with you; and (d) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
- Where required by law: Company will disclose Personal information to third parties if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so.
How We Protect Your Personal information
- Company uses a secure server with 128-bit encryption to assure the security of the data being transmitted to Company. Company’s database is protected from unauthorized access by a series of highly sophisticated software protection programs.
- Company secures the Personal information, including credit card numbers, received from individuals who make online purchases from Company. Our secure server software provides protection for your Personal information. We encrypt all of your Personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. This data is used only to confirm our existing records. Sensitive data is also encrypted while being stored on our server.
- Company limits access to your Personal information to those persons that are required to fulfill the requests for information, services, or products. Your Personal information is password protected with access only to those selected and authorized persons.
- We give the option to the user to store their personal preferences as cookies. These cookies are for your convenience only, and are not used for any other purpose.
- Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have their online activity and behavior tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. Many website operators, including Sentrics, do not respond to DNT requests or headers from some or all Internet browsers.
Consent to International Transfers
Sentrics is a global business and we, or our service providers, may process, transfer and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States. As a result, your Personal Information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence. Your Personal Information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By using the Services, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and to other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen with the use of safeguards as required under applicable law.
How We Retain Your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information consistent with applicable law and this policy. Such retention may include satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We also may aggregate or de-identify the information so that it no longer identifies you, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Amendment of Policy